If you’re planning a trip to HEllburg Village, the premier haunted attraction of Ellensburg, it’s best to plan ahead. Our Old West themed haunted village draws haunt-goers from across the region, with patrons from all over Washington state, Idaho and Oregon. As a general rule, there are a few things you can count on and should take into account when you plan your trip.
We sell tickets from 6-7pm each night we are open for the “Kiddie Hour,” toned-down version of the haunt. This means that for every person who purchases a ticket before 7pm and is on site, we run them through that first version before resetting the haunt for the full horror effect in the Mature Audiences version. Resetting the event to the full-effect version takes about 15-20 minutes. So, if you want to come for the Mature Audiences version but reduce your wait time to a minimum, it’s a good idea to come as close to 7pm as possible to purchase your ticket and get in line (or buy a VIP ticket) so you’ll be among the first to enter after we reset the attraction.
Most of the time we are able to run two groups in HEllburg Village at a time, however group sizes in 2017 are limited to 5 people at a time for safety reasons and to ensure everyone in a group can experience the full effect of the scenes and scares (during the Mature Audiences version). So one group will go in and once they get to the half-way point we are able to admit a second group. Our haunt is an immersive theatrical experience with timed and choreographed scenes, as well as props and effects which periodically have to be refreshed for the maximum patron experience during the Mature Audiences version. This means we do have to periodically give our staff and volunteers a short break to reset or refresh those effects so you can receive the full experience for which you have paid. We believe you are worth it and hope you agree.
Anyone who purchases a ticket and is on site (in line) will be served before we shut down for the night (unless, of course, they violate our Boos & Don’ts). Admissions sells tickets until 10pm, but we stay open until the last ticket holder in line has been served.
Wait times after purchasing tickets vary depending upon a number of different factors, but here are some tips we’ve learned to give after the previous three years:
- Fridays are always slower than Saturdays.
- VIP Ticket holders always get in faster.
- Coming earlier is better.
- Singles or couples willing to be separated from larger groups can get in faster. (When people come in groups of 3 or 4, we ask people farther down the line if anyone is willing to move forward to finish filling the group; your flexibility can help you enter the haunt faster and the line move more quickly.)
- And most people wait until the very last weekend(s), closest to Halloween, to come to our haunted attraction (by the last weekend Saturday, wait times can be more than 2 hours depending upon when you arrive).
- October in Ellensburg can get really cold, so bundle up.
- We don’t give refunds under any circumstances.